Friday, August 29, 2008

Breaking News: McCain Picks Alaska Governor Sarah Palin

She has been Governor for only two years. She is 44 years old, not well known on the national stage. So what does that do to the Republican's argument that Barack Obama is not ready to be president?

Actually, this is a surprise for most people, myself included. I actually thought it was going to be Mitt Romney or Tim Pawlenty. Why did John McCain pick her? To appeal to women? I don't know. Is that enough to get Hillary Clinton supporters to switch to McCain? I don't know. If McCain wanted a strong female candidate, I think he should have gone with someone like Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson. Anyways, have to check my history books, but this might be the first time the Republican ticket has nominated  a woman to be vice president.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m not so much of a political analyst, but I personally believe that McCain picked Palin for two obvious reasons:
1.) To appeal to female voters,
2.) To satisfy a need for a young fresh face on the republican ticket, especially one who is not connected to the current Bush administration.
Now, whether this decision is going to hurt him or help him, we'll just have to wait and see!

ng2000 said...

Another resource for you: http://www.ng2000.com/fw.php?tp=alaska